VATEAM is not a government agency and has no affiliation with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide at Web sites owned or controlled by the Veterans Alliance for Homeownership Training, Education, Advocacy and Mentorship ® (VATEAM).
The Information We Collect
You may have accessed VATEAM directly by visiting our Web site, the home page of which is located at www.VATEAM.org, or through the Web site of one of our third-party partners. This notice applies to all information you submit to VATEAM, whether through the VATEAM’s Web site or through the Web site of one of our Partners. Please note that we cannot be responsible for the information you submit directly to third parties, including our Partners, who may have their own posted policies regarding the collection and use of your information. We urge you to review the policies of our Partners through whom you may access our services.
VATEAM collects user submitted account information such as your email address to identify you and send you notifications related to the use of the service. VATEAM also collects user submitted location information such as city, state, or zip code. VATEAM also collects user submitted photos, reviews, and ratings provided by its members.
1. VATEAM gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. VATEAM uses this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local and state REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. VATEAM does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the membership directories available on VATEAM.org. VATEAM may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by VATEAM together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on VATEAM.org. VATEAM will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
Partners or Sponsors of VATEAM for the limited purpose of notifying you of VATEAM-approved promotions.
Sponsors or Exhibitors at VATEAM seminar and conference (events) for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after our events, through marketing vehicles approved by VATEAM.
Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by VATEAM.
When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the VATEAM.org through our third party payment processor PayPal.com will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. VATEAM follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites.
7. VATEAM utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by notifying us by email at email@example.com.
8. As a member or sponsor you may edit your personal full contact information directly by notifying us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Do-Not-Track Disclosure: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allows you to communicate to websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our system does not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers at this time.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of Information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information we collect online.
Changes to Policy
All rights are reserved by VATEAM.org. Content may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed, downloaded or transferred in any form or by any means without VATEAM.org’s prior written consent, and with express attribution to VATEAM.org.
These pictures are protected by watermark and should only be viewed as examples of VATEAM.org Membership Badges. All approved VATEAM.org members in good standing will be issued their individual membership badge on an annual basis.
How To Contact Us
We appreciate your questions or comments about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with VATEAM. Please send email to: email@example.com